Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pea problem

Ada: (seeing the bowl of frozen veggies) "I want some! I want some! I do it myself!!"
Me: (after 3 scoops) "Ada, that's enough"
later . . .
Ada: "I want some, I want some!"
Me: "Eat your noodles and then you can have some more."
Ada: "Wahhhhh. Nooooooooo, I want some! I do it myself!!!"

after her third helping . . . . .
Me: "No more! Save some for your Dad! Sheesh, I am not making more veggies."

Seriously, this is almost every dinner at our house. I am not creative enough to make many other side dishes so we have frozen veggies almost every meal. I figure if I get a good main dish on the table, don't expect a lot of fancy extras. Ada and Odessa pretty much eat only veggies and just like any other food, it stresses me out a bit that they won't eat their meat or other items they might have. It also drives me crazy that I have to buy and cook about twice as many veggies as I used to. I know, quit complaining already! It's just so comical that we've started to get annoyed at their reluctance to eat anything else at dinner time!!They're starting to demand them for a snack too- just straight up frozen

5 comments:

Ericka said...

I love frozen peas...and thats better than wanting candy all the time like my son! And I must admit, I always go all out on the main meal and we end up with frozen veggies every night too!

bosslady said...

Seriously, THIS is what you have to complain about??? When my kids were that age the only veggie they ate were fried. Then they graduate to salad with lots and lots of dressing. Veggies are way less expensive than cereal, which is what they lived on (and still would if I let them).

Corey said...

No fair! I can't get Hyrum to eat any green veggies except lettuce. My boys are total carb and dairy boys, they just can't get enough! I have to puree the veggies and mix them in if I want Hyrum to eat them. Jonah's good though and will eat anything we put in front of him. Why does feeding our children have to be so complicated, when I can eat a bag of popcorn and call it good. HA HA!

Anonymous said...

Jerry's has had some amazing snap peas....you should see if you can find them by you. They are great cooked and even better fresh. Although, sadly, they are no substitute for chocolate.

Leslie

Danielle said...

Nathan greatly enjoys frozen peas straight out of the freezer. No prep needed. He also likes beans straight out of a can (some mom I am). :) I'm not sure you should complain about your kids really liking vegetables.