Wednesday, September 5, 2012

So fast . . .

Where did summer go?  We had only about 2 1/2 months, but where did it go?  The girls have been counting down to school for a few weeks and playing school at home.  I usually have to be the teacher and was told to send them out to recess a lot.
This morning, Ada picked out her outfit- black jeans and neon t-shirt.  Odessa liked it so much, she asked Ada to pick out her outfit.  Ada told her the key was "dark and light colors together make an outfit glorious".  No joke.  She said "glorious".
Ada will go to half day kindergarten, which means I will be walking to school 3 times each day and Franklin will be squeezing in naps at random times.  It's going to be a rough year, and that's just a fact.
I am surprised I am one of those moms that doesn't want to send my kids off to school.  Life is easier without a schedule and demands on my time and being a mom to Franklin is 100X easier when the girls are here, even errands are easier with them along.  So, I want them home- mostly for selfish reasons.  I never figured on that one!

so cute!  Franklin absconded the lunches


Nervous and excited, their brother was whining and running circles around them- I think he sensed something was changing

2 comments:

Beth said...

Glorious. That's worth remembering.

Is it chilly enough for the long sleeves?

Kim Dewey said...

Glorious... I love it!!