Friday, November 2, 2012

Two parents in the game

Stephen has switched to a 9/80 work schedule which means in 9 days of work, he puts in 80 hours and he gets that 10th day off.  He was the last hold out in his department.  Anyway, this is a huge help and can be lots of fun too.  As we sat down to dinner at 6:30 tonight, all put together and organized he commented "we can actually do this when there are 2 of us, huh?".  Today we both exercised (and showered), canned 12 quarts of applesauce, got the blueberries made in to a berme, got Franklin down for 2 naps (a feat that's impossible when you are alone because you have to wake him sometime to get siblings from school), posted a blog post (now 2!) and made a balanced dinner by 6pm so I could take a plate to someone who needed it.  Amazing.  The kids will actually make it to bed by 8pm, the dishes will get done by 9 and we might watch a movie.  Or play a game.  Amazing.  I want a second wife.

5 comments:

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

I think i might make a good second wife to you and vice versa.... we would get along really well too... i think i am on to something!

Tara H said...

That means we have to take out Scott or Stephen . . . dilemma!

Cara said...

haha, I didn't see that last sentence coming. But I definitely agree that is huge to have your husband home more. I am experiencing the opposite and it makes Sunday (almost the only day we ever have together as a family) very cherished.

Mandy said...

Ha ha! As I was reading this post, I thought how nice it would be to have a wife to help out with stuff around the house. It look like I'm not the only one who feels that way. :o)

Beth said...

What's a berme?

I tried wikipedia and it didn't have an answer, it substituted "berm," which I don't think has anything to do with blueberries.
(Nathan taught me what a berm is, by the way-I'd never heard that word before him).