Monday, May 5, 2008

10 things I love about Stephen

Cheese, sigh. So my friend "tagged" me to do this and since I, like her, don't want anyone to think I don't love my husband, I will do it. But that doesn't mean I have to pass it on or anything because there was no promise that I would have my greatest wish come true if I tagged 5 more people. And I really do believe in those promises, by the way. (hear the sarcasm drip, drip, drip.)


1. I love that I have to literally boot him out the door some mornings because he just wants to stay five more minutes with the girls. He loves spending time with them so much.
2. I love that he's willing to learn new things, like how to be romantic in the ways I like romance.
3. I love that he is very righteous without being self-righteous and lets me play devil's advocate sometimes just to try and bug him.
4. I love that he's really organized and likes to do jobs really thoroughly and will spontaneously clean or organize something in the house. (this usually offends me, but inwardly I am glad).
5. I love that the girls look like him.
6. I love that he uses bigger words than me and knows more about computers than me (I used to not think this was the case, but it probably has always been that way.)
7. I love that people think he has an accent and he blames it on a slight speech impediment when he was a child (I think it's because he's trilingual).
8. I love that we seem to like almost everything the same! We want to do the same things, we believe in most of the same values. However, he likes to debate emotionally charged topics and once completely turned my opinion around and then back again to the original!
9. (You are going to hate me for saying this) but I love it that he doesn't watch sports or actually any TV. Yes, this makes it hard for me to want to watch any TV, but the perks are definitely better than the fact that we are two CLUELESS pop culture failures. (ps- it's mostly b/c he has no time since being in school).
10. I love that sometimes he has to do things the hard way. I can't believe I am saying that, because I think that trait has been the source of a lot of frustration for me (starting with our 5 1/2 yr friendship when we both knew we could probably be a great couple) but it makes him an individual and that's something I love best about him!

2 comments:

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

he kindof does has an accent... never noticed that before...

still was hoping for some crazy habits :)

love that pic of odessa on your right side..

p.s. with the whole pre-arranged marriage.. i am thinking josh would ditch odie for ada in the end.... isn't that funny to even think about?

Danica Osborn said...

heard the news...can't say i'm entirely pleased about it...just kidding, i know it must be a huge relief and blessing for you. seattle's just so far away! can i take your girls some time this week so you can have undivided packing time? let me know when.