Monday, May 12, 2008

Moving

Yes, well some of you already know this, but chances are 99.99% that we are moving to Seattle. In a week and a half. Why the .01% doubt, you ask? Well, this all hinges on a "technicality". We are waiting on a signature from some guy in upper management who has no idea he holds our (very near) future hanging in the balance. Stephen got a call from King County Metro (Seattle's department of transportation) last Monday. They offered him a job as a Transportation Planner II. Which just means he's supposed to know more than a Planner I. The job is in downtown Seattle, so we are going to try and live a little more urban this go-around. Mostly so that Stephen doesn't have to commute 1 hr each day and we can get some of this urban thing out of our systems. ha ha
I am not going to go into detail how much I will miss Chicago and a lot of the people here. Basically, I have like 3 days to move since I will be in Boise this Thurs to Monday. Stephen and Odessa will head up the packing and we'll load when I get back. Stephen graduated Friday, his parents have been here this weekend, we went to a live performance of A Prairie Home Companion in Milwaukee on Saturday, but all this will have to go undocumented for the most part. There just isn't time. Well, in Boise I will have some down time and maybe blogging will keep me from going crazy as I worry about Stephen having to decide what things in my kitchen should be packed and which should be tossed. But if you don't hear from us for a few weeks, now you know why. And if I get back on here in a few days and sheepishly have to report that the .01% chance was the one we got, well- I just won't report that and if I never post again, you'll know why.

4 comments:

Erin said...

tara!! i'm going to miss you guys. but seattle is sooooo exciting. stephen told me about your blog...it's great. I also have one if you feel inclined for a little TMI about the roosa-cohens and life on the south side! http://pluffthechuff.wordpress.com

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

i am tearing up reading this... leave it at that.. we are so excited for you!

Larsen said...

Hey!!! I don't know what has taken me so long to link you to me. But it's done now, so you may hear from us more than you want.

I feel for you, the small chance that things may not go as planned always sucks. Have a nice trip "home" and good luck packing up.

Steve with Odessa alone? You are a BRAVE soul!

Congrats on his Graduation. That is HUGE. We are so proud of you both and miss you so much. Your move to Seattle doesn't help our getting to see you more often, but you are going to be great at what ever you do where ever you are...and that is waht matters to us!

Love you! Kyle and Gina

Unknown said...

Congrats, and the best of luck moving. I'm crossing my fingers that you guys aren't driving there (????) :)