Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"children are a blessing" (repeat 3 times)

Ada has been going through a phase lately. I can't identify or name this phase, but let's just say that a group of us moms decided that the terrible twos are wrongly accused- we think the terrible threes is the real problem in childhood. Something about being three . . . .

Anyway, they have had a couple funny moments regardless (btw- Odessa has been an Angel lately, and I know she is trying extra hard because it tickles her pink that Ada has been so naughty and she is not the one getting into trouble anymore).

Mandy, Cohen and 7 week old Greyson were over, Mandy was holding him and rocking in the chair, he was awake- so of course Ada was fawning nearby.

Ada: When is HE going to grow up to be a SHE?
Mandy: (laughing) Never! He will always be a he.
Ada: (dissapointed) Oh
~then she leaned really close to his face with her eyes bugging out of her head and shouted "GOO GOO GAA GAA"
We busted up and asked her if that's how babies talked? "Yeah" she said

Stephen has a lot of nights where he comes home, grabs a bite to eat and heads out the door for meetings. Last night he left the 3 of us sitting at the table.

Ada: Where are you going?
Dad: To a meeting.
Ada: Where? At the church?
Dad: Yes.
Odessa: I'm DUBIOUS about that.
Me: (laughing) Oh you are? Where do YOU think he's going?

We almost died. I don't even think I have ever used the word dubious in a conversation. That's what you get when you let them watch Electric Company I think. She's got the memory of an elephant.

5 comments:

Michelle M said...

My kids are always opposites on behavior. If one is acting up, the other one acts EXTRA sweet (and points out to me that he/she is being good).

Danielle said...

Explaining gender to kids is always *interesting* particularly when it comes to gender-specific roles. The other day I was painting my toe nails and N was fascinated and wanted me to paint his too. I had to tell him it's just for mommies. I felt sort of weird with the gender-programming and stuff, but I really didn't want to open a can of worms like that...

pillowgram said...

I love hearing what the girls do. It is a nice way of sharing. Every child has their own little personality. It keeps life interesting!!:)

awtitera said...

So fun to catch up on your blog... I have been terrible lately and feel like I never blog anymore! I need to start writing the things Grant says- kids are so funny, especially when they are trying to say important things.

Alyssa said...

Unbelieveable! (I have to quit reading these at lunch - I laugh so hard!) They are so smart - just like their parents! Cant wait to see you all.