Friday, August 13, 2010

Kids

No caption needed here



After standing in line so patiently (one mom said there should be face painting at the grocery store checkouts) the girls got their faces painted

Odessa got a giraffe, Ada a fairy peeking out from behind a mushroom

My little snow leopards

Odessa's "headset" she made with a pipe cleaner

Odessa's best work of art to date: After camping in the back yard (long story) she drew herself in her sleeping bag, camping, in the grass, at night, with 2 angels to keep the bad dreams away

Anecdotes as of late:
We were walking back to our car from Lincoln Park beach (a long walk) and I was trying to inspire the girls.
Me: Hey, when we get home we can have some Capri Suns!
Odessa: No! I want to wear shorts!

They both beg to ride their bikes, but they are TERRIBLE at it (I know, they need more practice! But their dad is supposed to handle that . . . . )
Anyway, we only got halfway past to the neighbor's driveway when Odessa tipped hers over and skinned her knee and started WAILING.
I told Ada to turn around and she got the drift her ride was ending before it began and she started WAILING - near the middle of the road. That's when I started laughing hysterically at the craziness (just then a nice neighbor driving by slowed to watch our train wreck -and to not kill Ada). Me, laughing hysterically flanked by my two WAILING children. That's a typical day in the life . . .

4 comments:

Beth said...

capri suns . . . good one!

Paula said...

Your kids are so cute!! And laughing is really the only way to handle the situation I say!

Steve and Nancy said...

Keep laughing, Tara, and please keep sharing. Nancy

mandy* said...

I never want Odessa to take off the star headband...it was SO cute!