Friday, May 27, 2011

Pinky Swear

We have fruit salad a lot of the time for dinner. Ada LOVES fruit salad and if she gets a plate full, she may not eat much else. So most nights I negotiate with her to eat some of her dinner before she can have any salad.
Tonight's conversation:
Ada: I am going to eat the rest of my fruit salad, and THEN my dinner.
Me: Ada, you have to promise to eat all your pork chop and potato if you eat your fruit salad first. Promise?
Ada: I PROMISE.
Me: Ok, pinky swear (holding up my pinky).

This led to a long discussion on how to pinky swear, what it means, etc, etc and the girls wanted to pinky swear on all kinds of things.
Later:
Me: Ada, you need to finish that dinner, you promised.
Odessa: And when the pinky goes up, there's no going back!

We about died laughing and knew that was too funny a line for her to come up with herself. Sigh. Turns out that PBS kids and The Electric Company strikes again!

3 comments:

Larsen said...

that is pretty awesome!!! my kids and i pinky swear all the time!

kyle

Larsen said...

That is FUNNY! So cute! My kids like to Pinky Swear too!

Lisette said...

So funny. Being out of the PBS kids loop, it sounded original to me. Make sure to write all these great things down.