Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Let's Hear it For The Boy

Yes, I totally came up with that blog post title after Modern Family last week- it was subconscious, but nevertheless . .  .  Over the last 2 years I have had several of what I call "literary moments".  Knees knocking together (leading music), wringing of hands while speechless (raccoon with paws against glass door) and today- stopped in my tracks.  When I used to read these "moments", I thought they were just silly descriptions. Back to today:  I was moving about the kitchen with Franklin in arms and my train of thought ran thus:  "Oh, how could I love this boy any more than I do?  No one will ever be good enough for him . . . ." (this is where I stopped in my tracks) THUD "Oh, I feel so sorry for his future wife".  I instantly realized how high a standard I would probably set for any future companions of my 5 MONTH OLD.
When I was recounting this for Stephen at dinner, I got a little misty-eyed.
Stephen:  "Are you CRYING?"
Me:  "Someday he's going to love someone" (bursting full on into tears) "MORE THAN ME!"

And those were my realizations today . . . .

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Yah, there's something about mothering a boy, isn't there? The older mine get, the more I start to almost panic that someday we won't be as close and there might be even subtle awkwardness between us just due to gender and I get all sad about it too. Then I start to think about how Jason only talks to his mom like maybe monthly and that's when I want to bawl. :)

Beth said...

So happy you have a boy!

mandy* said...

You are too cute!

Paula said...

I think boys always love their mama's and will just love another woman in a different kind of way but the love of a mother is one of a kind!!

Larsen said...

That is soooooo hilarious! And so sad and so cute all at the same time!

I hear ya on having a good cry every once in a while. It's got to be done.

i have felt so much more emotional since Kyle's new calling. "What a joke" I have thought a few times in regards to my emotional status. "What's wrong with me," has also been on the list.

Glad to knwo I am not alone in being misty-eyes over stuff...

Alyssa said...

Too funny! Just yesterday, Jeff pointed to a story in the paper about local nuns making cheese; "See," he said, "Abbey can make cheese." Essentially he's decided she has to be a nun. Only God will be good enough!