Thursday, March 14, 2013

Odessa's big weekend

Odessa, Ada and 2 of their friends participated in the school talent show last Friday.  The friends were working on a play, Odessa wanted to do her hula hoop routine from the church talent show, Ada just wanted to be in it.  The friend's mom and I married the 2 ideas, my friend cut the music for us and this little act was born.  Sorry, it's blurry.

The kids were all on cloud nine the rest of the night.
Then the next day, I took Odessa to get some of her long hair cut- it had gotten damaged and unruly.  I said she needed to get at least 2 inches off.  She sat down at the salon and looked at some magazines until she found a haircut she liked.


She spent the rest of the weekend raving about her hair and combing it.  Doesn't miss the long hair at all, big surprise to me.
My trip looms in about 1 month from now.  I actually wish it would always stay 1 month away.  Close enough I can admire it at arms length, not so close that I am running around packing like a chicken with it's head cut off.  I am afraid if it gets any closer though, I will blink and it will be here and blink again and it will be over.  Then I will be SO SAD.


6 comments:

Beth said...

I am glad you posted this for several reasons . . . .
1) our school sent home a talent show flyer today. Would it be fun if we copied you?
2) Now we can see her hoopin' it up
3) Now I know when your trip is, without feeling bad I couldn't remember.

Thanks!

Mandy said...

I love the hula hoop routine! How cute are they? (And totally impressive!!!)

Anonymous said...

That talent show video made my day!!!
\nic

Lisette said...

Actually, research has proven people are happier in the planning phase of a trip than when they are actually on the trip. Enjoy the journey and even though you will feel like it was all a dream, you know it was a grand adventure instead!

Pillowgram said...

Love Odessa'a hair. We are looking forward to you coming to see us. It is going to be great fun!

Alyssa said...

Cute hair! Cute talent! So fun.