Sunday, July 28, 2013

"I'M the Boy!"

A while ago the girls had already gotten down from the table and were in the hallway discussing some dancing roles.
"I'm the boy" one of them said, deciding who would stand where.
Franklin was still at the table, finishing his meal, but when he heard this comment, he immediately struggled to get out of his booster seat.  "Hey!" he shouted "I'M the boy!  I'm the boy!" he kept yelling.  I thought it was only proper that I let him down to claim his rightful role.  So he barged into their play and made them dance with him, the right way.

Franklin IS the boy.  He loves all boy things and I never knew I would be asked "Pwease draw me a car?" over and over and over.  "Now a twuck!  Now a dump twuck!  Now a motorcycle!"  What a strange thing- to draw cars and trucks when I am used to drawing flowers and ponies and kittens and princesses.

I never knew I would enjoy pointing out every fire truck, bus and train we pass.  I get him down from the table and rush him out the door to watch the garbage trucks collect our stuff.  Every other Wed, he strikes gold: 3 trucks come over the course of the morning to collect garbage, recycling and compost.  Often the drivers wave and honk their horn.  I am almost as ecstatic as Franklin.  It's unreal.

I never knew I would cave almost every time he gets his heart set on a baggie of cars from the thrift store.  The other day he saw an advertisement for Chevron that had one of those cartoon Chevron cars.  He loved it.  On a whim, I started looking online for those Chevron cars.  The next thing I knew, I was driving 30 minutes South to buy a bin of 27 Chevron cars from a lady who buys abandoned storage units.  They were priced at a fraction of those on ebay.



He sits at the head of the table and demands milk and throws his green beans.  When Stephen tries to scowl at him, Franklin quips "Daaaad don't be maaaaad".  HE'S the boy and he acts like King and YES we will have a real problem on our hands someday.   But for right now I just smother him with kisses and then draw him another car.

Birthday boy- got a dump truck for the sand box

Hiding his eyes for his big birthday surprise




It's a bike!

He's gotten better since his birthday, but we're still a ways from gliding down the street!

Notoriously bad at eating dinner, he liked crisp tacos!

He just only ate one side . . . 

Another Craigslist find- he loves the Wee Ride!






Birthday ice cream

Cold teeth!!
Update:  Since writing this post, Franklin has dissolved into a terrible two year old capable of making everyone's lives quite miserable!  So we've had to set some boundaries and work on behavior!  The King needs to learn how to play nicely as a little prince.

7 comments:

Steve and Nancy said...

We miss that little prince!

Beth said...

Cute boy.

Paula said...

Hee hee! Sounds like my cute boy! Lately, he spends a lot of time saying sorry for his infractions! But man are they cute!

Chadwick and Julie said...

So funny! Morgan's favorite day of the week is Tuesday when the trash truck comes by. "I hear Mr. Stinky!" she squeals. Then she goes back to accessorizing...

Pillowgram said...

Looking forward to see the "little prince" again. It will be fun to see how he response to Abbey. I am anxious to see and hug all the kids.

Alyssa said...

Too cute. Perhaps he can teach Abbey how to eat a taco. Also I can't believe you have compost pick-up! I have to move to Seattle......

Larsen said...

Cutest little guy!