Monday, March 23, 2009

Back from Boise

Who knew a one hour and 15 minute flight could cause such upheaval in one's day? Next time I get the desire to drive to Boise, I think I will follow my instincts. Just kidding- those who talked me into flying were right about it being riskier to drive 8 hrs with 2 toddlers by myself. However, because I had been shifting between airlines and tickets so much on the day I purchased my ticket, I mixed up the departure times and showed up at the wrong time for my flight! The girls and I had to hang out for an extra 2 hrs and then had a LAYOVER in Spokane. I was supposed to get in at 8:55 am and instead came in after 1pm. Sweet, no? On the way back, we were at the Boise airport in plenty of time for the 10 minutes it took to go through security : ) and wait an hour and a half for our flight. But it was delayed almost an hour. Sweet, no? My almost 2 yr old had to sit on my lap (usually there is room and she gets her own free seat) and boy was she MAD about it. Not fun experiences, I am glad to be home and finished with it. It was good to see family, especially since my Dad's family does not get together often.My parents, Aunt Shirley and Uncle Curtis and his wife Chris- they live in FLFamily photo: Angie (ID), Mitzi (NJ), Alyssa (VA), me, my parentsOdessa and Ada had fun playing with their cousins, especially the running game with TaitlynCousins (Angie's kids): Garrett, Taitlyn, Odessa, Ada, Mason

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- great pics! Thanks for sharing. Such a nice tribute to Ruby. Was great to see you and the girls - just love them to pieces!

bosslady said...

It was good to see you and the kids. Too bad about your flights! Hope the girls get back on schedule for you soon...

Cara said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. That is exciting news about your trip to the Philippines though. I hope you have a blast.