Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ridiculously Beautiful

(by the way: I updated my Picasa Web Albums)
One of Stephen's favorite sayings is: "we live in a ridiculously beautiful place". I totally agree. What's particularly amazing about Seattle is that it's beautiful on the way to the grocery store, not just at park look-outs and near the water. Everywhere is near the water and the Olympic peninsula and Puget Sound make every view amazing. The cherry trees here are in bloom and they line some major streets. Although the photo below is not from Seattle, some of the streets look almost like this.
Here are some photos I found online by a photographer named Doug. They are amazing. He gave me permission to use them on my blog.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I agree! It is a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing the amazing photos. Happy Easter, we will miss you at our egg hunt!

Corey said...

Hey if I didn't already live here myself I'd be tempted to come and visit you guys! Maybe we'll just have to hook-up for a play date instead sometime this week. Everytime I leave Seattle and come back I'm always amazed by it's beauty. Even with rainy days like to day, it makes it all worth it since you know it's just going to be greener tomorrow.

Becky said...

I guess all the rain is worth it...

Kate Otterstrom said...

Oh Tara, this makes me homesick for Seattle. Spokane is beautiful, too, in its own way, but we are still working on having buds on trees because of the long hard winter! I'm excited to visit Seattle this summer sometime!