Monday, December 21, 2009

be seeing ya

So, I might as well post that we are moving. Not far. Very soon. We'll be renting the upper level of a house here in Magnolia, just a block and half away actually. Easy move or hard move? lol.
The owner of the house rents the basement to her son who is kind of the one who swayed her in our direction, nice, huh? He met the girls and I gave him an out before we signed papers. "Are you sure you want these 2 dancing on your ceilings?" Turns out he has 2 little kids (about the same age) who live with their mother in Spokane and he visits most weekends. Not home a lot, understands kids- this should work out.

I was telling my friend that the kitchen is probably 3 times the size of my current kitchen. She candidly pointed out "well Tara, that's not hard to do". tu che. There is a lot more space for not a lot more money which is the clincher for renting houses around here. We are very excited. But not excited to be out by Jan 1st. What a rotten time to be up and hauling the Christmas tree to the dumpster, the day after Christmas? Our landlord was a doll and let us out of our lease a little early- yes, we have been here almost a year! So there may be a quick post after Christmas while I procrastinate packing, but the blogosphere may not hear much from me for a while. You know how it is to get connected on the other end . . . . . sigh . . . . why do I do this myself?

7 comments:

Kyle Larsen said...

Okay, be seeing ya.


But don't leave the blog world for too long.

Hope you Christmas and packing up goes well!

love you guys!

Kyle Larsen said...

Whoops, that post and this one, is me GINA! Though Kyle says hello and ditto!

Kim Dewey said...

I hope you get all this moving out of your system soon, I'm having a hard time keeping your current address straight.
It's kind of funny to me that you lived in the same house all while growing up but now can't stay in one place for more than a year. Take it from someone who didn't stay in the same house for more than a couple years growing up, moving stinks! ... especially when it means you have to go to a new school.
I hope the move goes well!

Ericka said...

Coming from someone who just moved...good luck! And what a crazy time too! I hope your new place works out for you and that you love it!

Paula said...

Happy moving! It sounds like more space will be great though! Too bad at Christmas but on the up side, you could have the 6 feet of snow we have here, ha ha!

mandy* said...

Yes, you might be crazy. But it's what we do...we move. And then we move some more. I just wish we were going to be here to help you.

erin said...

I'm jealous! If our landlord said we could move tomorrow I'd have the boxes out and filled within hours. Have fun in the new house!