Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The big put-off

As in, I can't believe we are still working on this house! We've rearranged the living room a half dozen times. What's funny, there is more room in this house but we can't figure out what to do with it! Very strange. We are used to such small spaces, there is only one logical option for the placement of everything! Having options can be so confusing and exhausting.

We got area rugs on Saturday, I am sure much to the relief of the tenant in the basement. LOL. We went to a place in Kirkland where they take carpet and cut it to the measurements you want and bind the edges to make area rugs. It felt like picking out carpet for a house! We took 3 samples home with us and decided against all three, so we called her and picked one over the phone that we had only looked at briefly. Talk about leap of faith. Turned out really well, we couldn't be happier. And since we got carpet padding to go under, they are super cushy and soft. The girls love them and even Stephen stretches out and snoozes on the berber in the the girl's room.

I've learned the hard way I shouldn't let myself get so exhausted that I sleep in tortured positions without the pain of it waking me up. My neck has been a MESS for the last 3 days, I have to take advil just to be able to turn it to the right or sleep on it again. What to do?

Last night was our nutrition and fitness activity for Relief Society, the women's organization of our church. It was super fun and thanks to all who attended. I was the pinch hitter presenter for the lesson portion and I took nutrition questions before hand and answered them last night. It went well and a friend suggested I start a blog where I take nutrition questions and answer them. Her RD friend used to do one but got too busy. What do you think? Would you submit questions? Ha ha Paula and Becky- you can be the co-authors!
After the nutrition lesson, we split into groups and played volleyball, did yoga or quilted. Fun times, thanks ladies!

10 comments:

Larsen said...

I always have nutrition questions, so I am sure a blog like that would go over well!

So, my dear, BloggyGotBack, just got better. You can now add our backgrounds simply by 'adding a gadget, which I know you know how to do, since you have a side bar with gadgets. Check it out and spread the love!

Beth said...

Yes, definitely willing to ask questions on the nutrition blog. Perhaps you should wait until your neck is better?

Your rugs sound great . . . I've never heard of that before. Can't wait to see photos!

mandy* said...

You should totally start a blog! That would be awesome. The activity last night was very fun.

Paula said...

Ha ha, remember.....I don't see patient's! Really, it's true! I would likely give out very bad advice!

Ericka said...

Ohhh, volleyball! Do you remember our glory days as "managers"? Ahh, fun times!

Michelle M said...

Your new carpets sound cool! I, too, always regret sleeping in bad head/neck positions. My neck will hurt for DAYS from one small mistake.

Becky said...

What a cool idea about the rugs...you guys always have the best ideas (having a custom made dress from Japan (or China?)). Anyway...nutrition blog sounds like a great idea!

erin said...

Should I eat half a pack of gummy bears for lunch? What if I just did?

Those would be my kind of nutritional questions.

Larsen said...

LOVE THIS ONE. Dana made it! It's great! Grey and nature. On it!

Add a blinky, and share the site with your friends!

Larsen said...

Check out bloggygotback....grey nature.
it's called Tara's nature path