Wednesday, January 6, 2010

our bowl part-ay

We are not huge football fans, so we have never had a football watching or tailgating or anything like it sort of party. But we are big BSU football fans, and we've settled into our new place a little, so we just had to have some food and friends over for the Fiesta Bowl Monday night. Our poor friends had to listen to us go on and on about BSU football history and the last Fiesta Bowl (I really scared them with my excitement on that). We lured them in with the food: pizza, hot wings, taquitos, salsa, queso and guacamole. Mini cheesecakes rounded out the night. Fortunately, it was a great game and we won! Go Broncos!!! We were very excited.
Pictures of our new abode will follow in a few weeks- we seem to get a little slower each time getting pictures up and boxes away although Stephen is so good about organizing furniture and rooms- he can run circles around me. My job when we move is watch kids, he packs and unpacks and then when the kids are in bed I sit on the couch and complain how tired I am. He loves it.

Our trip to Disneyland seems to be materializing slowly although technically we would be there this time next month! My oldest sister was going to be in Anaheim for a work conference the very weekend we were planning on going. But then she had a terrible accident skiing in Utah over Christmas break! Tore her ACL to shreds and broke her tibia. Needless to say, she won't be in CA next month. We are so sad she has this long road to recovery and we won't get to see her in Disneyland.

Just came from a bit of a fiasco at the postal annex (much less customer friendly than an office) where they were holding our mail. The girls got some privileges taken away and a weepy discussion with Odessa ensued with her being very angry at me that she couldn't get her privileges back and why not, where did I put them?? Are they gone forever???
Too bad taking TV away is almost as much a punishment to me as them!

And one from Ada:
Stephen coming home tonight: I'm going to eat you up!
Ada: (shaking finger at him) No! Remember what I told you? No eating children!

6 comments:

Larsen said...

That is awesome. I have to admit, I am not a football fan either, and NO i didnt' watch BSU, but I am happy for them and Kyle and all the other BSU fans otu there. Congrats Broncos.

I am sorry to hear about your sisiters knee. Ouch!

And serious, where did you put the privelidges?? THAT IS AWESOME!!!



now, as for blog backgrounds, first try goign to bloggygotback and scroll down a bit and on the left hand side bar there are some instructions. It isnt' complicated but i have heard that the instructions are the clearest. Let me know if you can't get it working.

Hugs and Kisses!

Cara said...

I love hearing the cute things kids say. :) Have fun at Disneyland, that's awesome.

Unknown said...

Your girls will love Disneyland. We went over Christmas and had a blast. I quickly learned that my girls had a lot more fun in the morning. so be ready to be there right when it opens! Also they have this dumb little princess fantasy fair thing. You stand in line forever and then meet the princesses. Its dumb but the girls loved the individual attention. So have Stephen stand in line before it opens and you take the girls on a couple of rides and come back. It's worth the wait if you get there early....just a tip for you! :)

Becky said...

Disneyland! How fun. Tell me how it goes...I want to go there soon with my kiddos. Maybe this fall.

Kim Dewey said...

I must admit, we were kind-of cheering for TCU. But only because we live in Ft Worth and they are in the same conference as BYU. I'm sure my mom wore her BSU shirt for a week after that.

You may already know about this but . . . I saw an ad yesterday for the Disney "give a day, get a day" promo where you volunteer at a pre-approved service project and they will give you a free day pass to a Disney park. You can get all the info at disneyparks.com and find service opportunities in your area.

mandy* said...

Where did you put the priviledges? Odessa is so funny!!!!!!

How disappointing about your Disneyland trip. I'm sure you guys will still have a blast! I wish I was going with you.