Monday, October 4, 2010

School's in session

My kids are not in preschool. Since they are both tall and Odessa will be 5 in a month, they get asked the preschool question almost daily by someone. But we did like the idea of them having some kind of structured learning at home and we definitely liked the idea of them having little desks they could play with. Two Craigslist phone calls, one late night trip later and we had 2 little desks for them. I had a bunch of pre-K workbooks and they LOVE playing school. You can also tell from the mess that they love using them for art and have tons of paper everywhere. These also came in handy during our church conference since the desks are in the computer room and we have to watch General Conference on the internet. We got them all set up with food, then listening activities and coloring. It was pretty su-weet.

What else is sweet is the spider webs around my yard. I have not destroyed one of them since I want them to eat the noxious flies that reside in the carport and sneak into the house. I caught the most perfect one I have ever seen on camera. It gets us in the spooky mood- we'll be decorating for Halloween soon! Most of you know it's my second favorite holiday and I have almost as many Halloween decorations as Christmas. They have been itching to get out of the boxes as this is the first year we aren't apartment bound.

6 comments:

Michelle M said...

Those desks are darling- what a wonderful thing for your girls. And that spiderweb is definitely a beauty! Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday- I cheated and put up my decorations Sept 26th this year.

Becky said...

Your girls in those desks are the cutest things ever!!

mandy* said...

Um, I'm not going to your house until the spiders are gone... We have crazy spiders here, too. The minute one builds a web, I knock it down! You know, the more they eat the bigger they get. Yuck!

Beth said...

That spider web is amazing. Great photo!
Fun desks. Did you have one when you were little?

Larsen said...

THAT WEB IS FREAK-TASTIC! WOW!

Love the desks. Green with envy over those!

bosslady said...

Greatest web on the web!