Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I think I'll wait

Odessa remembered she was to be her own boss Monday morning as I was fixing breakfast;
Odessa: "Wait mom, I am my own boss and I want a sandwich for breakfast"
Me: Ok, the bread is up there, get a chair. Oops, look- we're out. You had better make some.
Odessa: Um, maybe I will have a pancake after all.
Me: Ok, do you want to fix it?
Odessa: No, you can- I don't want to miss Cat in the Hat.

Throughout the day she decided that as she got older, she'd be able to do more by herself and was quite satisfied and delighted with herself for "figuring" this out.

At bedtime as I was closing the door she called out "mom?"
Me: Yes?
Odessa: I think I can wait until I get big to be my own boss.
Me: Sounds like a good idea. Goodnight.

4 comments:

mandy* said...

You are the smartest mom I know. Love it!

Danielle said...

A mom's job just *LOOKS* so glamorous...until you actually try it. :)

Tara H said...

ESPECIALLY A STAY AT HOME MOM'S JOB!!! I just love how that's everyone's "DREAM JOB".

pillowgram said...

Smart Mom!! Smart Daughter!!