Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nesting

Feeling so much more ready for this baby! Had some great girls time this week and a fabulous shower thrown by my friend Amy. It was supposed to be a second hand shower so people could just pass along their hand-me-downs, but somehow I ended up with a bunch of new stuff too . . . I have dear, sweet friends and I was so looking forward to this shower! I finally realized it was because most of the last few years all the holidays (including my birthdays) have mostly revolved around the kids. This was one event that I didn't have to share.
I was also gifted some NEW cloth diapers (I had been trying to buy them second hand) and now I feel I have a complete set of cloth diapers for this kid. We went with the Mother-ease kind- they are one-size and so they grow with your child. My top motivation for trying cloth is not having to run to the store for diapers at 10pm. I hate that more than anything. Second factor is cost and third is the environment. Stephen and I are funny that way- we don't do many green things unless they have a direct benefit to us in other ways.

Speaking of nesting- the chickens just passed a milestone today. We got seven eggs- one egg for each chicken!! We actually never really thought they would all lay one every day, we figured 6 eggs a day would be our top production, but wow! It's fun to give them to some people who really like brown eggs and one friend wants to trade his fish from Alaska since he's always going up there. Whoa. Yes, please!!!! I have been incorporating more eggs into our diet- my mom told me my grandma used to occasionally make an Angel Food cake and a Chiffon cake when they had extra eggs- all the whites for the Angel Food and yolks for the Chiffon. Brilliant. Odessa is not a cereal girl and I think she enjoys coming in from feeding the chickens and collecting eggs and requesting a scrambled egg for breakfast!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Nice title.
Fish for eggs? You have a good thing going there.
Cute pic of you and Baby Boy Hunt--you carry well!

Cara said...

I have a lot of friends who cloth diaper and love it. I personally can't handle any more laundry than I already have, but I order diapers from Amazon.com to avoid lugging huge boxes from the store. (plus they're shipped free and you get 30% off with subscribe and save and joining the mom's group). Just FYI in case you get sick of cloth diapers. :)