Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Double Trouble

I hate taking my kids to the doctor. Kids are really miserable when they are sick and you just want them to get better, but usually a Dr's visit goes like this: "well, just give them Tylenol and keep the humidifier on at night, there's nothing else you can really do. that's $100 by-the-way."
However, Odessa's 3-day fever spiked at 103.9 last night and I decided we had better suck it up and go in. When the Dr came in the room, I told her "thank goodness you're here, Odessa just turned down a teddy gram. SOMETHING IS TERRIBLY WRONG."
Double ear infections- I think "rabid" is the word the Dr used, but I was a little unclear on that. Poor kid. Tortured for days while her mother refused to consult higher medical expertise than the back of the Robitussin bottle. Which, by the way, I guess I should not give my kids any cold medicines at all. Turns out they have found them to be pretty useless in kids that little. I say it's because of the level of medicine they deem safe for kids that little is just useless, but that still renders my 5 different children's cold medicines as a complete waste of money.
On a happier note, I have to tell SOMEONE about these cookies- Maurice Lenell cookies. You may ask: why is a dietitian blogging about fat-ladden, sugar-infested cookies?? Well, first and foremost, I am a human and second, a mom. A mom that has had 2 very sick kids on her hands for the last 4 days and a hubby who is pounding out a thesis. Third, I am a dietitian and that third person wouldn't recommend these, at least not at the rate I have been eating them. Cookies are a stressed out woman's best friend. These are made in a little factory a couple of miles from here and they have a little shop in front where you can buy discounted boxes. They are like little Christmas butter cookies, but in like 20 flavors and absolutely HEAVENLY, crisp and melt in your mouth. If you want me to ship you a box, I'd be willing. I guess they are quite the popular corporate gift. "Sorry Larry, no raise this year, but you and your family can enjoy this delicious box of Maurice Lenell cookies!" I'd take that any day.

2 comments:

Danica Osborn said...

i'm so sorry that your kiddies are sick. poor things. and especially poor mommy. did you ever wonder if it was those disgusting cookies making everyone sick? :) i can't believe you eat those! haha

let me know when everyone's up and at 'em again so we can go our outing. xoxo

Danica Osborn said...

how are your sickies? would it help if i taught this week and you could teach next week? or is your need to prepare a lesson providing you with a good excuse to hand the kids over to stephen so that mommy can have some quiet time to prepare? :)