Friday, April 11, 2008

Just stuff about the girls

I have a few random things to post about the girls. Stephen is in Seattle interviewing for jobs, so the three of us are spending lots of quality time together. Odessa asked about "dad" last night when she was brushing her teeth because she saw his toothbrush (he took a travel one). I told her dad was on a trip right now. Ada started saying "da da" and doing her floppy wave "bye-bye". It took me a second to realize what she was doing. I love this age of them figuring things out. She has done this "da da" wave a couple more times when I mention Stephen.
It's fun having 2 kids- they care what happens to the other. If we sing a song with Odessa as main character, she insists that we sing about Ada next. One of her favorite phrases is "Ada's turn!" This applies to taking turns being tickled or getting bubbles blown at them among other things. Ada cares when Odessa is crying and does her best to comfort her by "patting" her on the head which is much more like slapping.
My favorite new thing is this CD- Stories of Jesus that the girls got for Easter from their Grandma. It is SO GREAT! I fell in love with the songs right away and unlike most children's songs, I do not get annoyed by how much they get stuck in my head! How could you get annoyed by a song about Jesus feeding the five thousand? It's the best CD of children's songs I have ever heard and definitely advanced enough to keep me playing it day after day and singing the songs to myself. Anything that keeps Jesus in your thoughts is a good thing if you ask me.

Odessa got her first dinosaur the other day and it was "the" toy for about 24 hrs. She slept with it, fed it, washed it. Now she casually plays with it, but I don't doubt that she will play with it more in the future, she has been interested in dinosaurs for quite some time, and Stephen loves that. You can't tell, but she is "ROARING" in this picture.
For all you moms out there, when do you start letting your little ones wield a spoon of their own? Ada is fixated on getting her chance to feed herself. The random times I allow her to hold a spoon AND the bowl, she gets a gleam in her eye and this magical smile spreads across her face as she looks up at me with wonder. Oatmeal has been safest so far- she can tip her spoon any which way and that stuff won't fall off. That's why I try to avoid the stuff- it's like human glue- I am sure my insides will get all stuck together or something.

No comments: