Thursday, April 17, 2008

Not for 2 1/2 yr olds

Let me start by saying I love this book. It's adorable, the rhymes are really cute. I love that it's a story about a llama- who writes about or draws llamas with their funny legs? So we check out this book from the library and Odessa really liked it, requesting it over and over. But Odessa is in this stage where everything is a monster and everything is scary and everyone else is scared too (dolls, inanimate objects, etc.) So after we started reading this book about this llama who is scared without his mama when he's going to bed, Odessa starts waking up at night. A lot. Tuesday night it was 4 times. That is when I had to put away llama, llama and tell Odessa it was out of commission. So we didn't read it at all yesterday and she didn't wake up at all last night. Mmmmm. Not scientific, mind you- but I don't care. No more llamas for her until she's past this scaredy-cat phase.
One thing she's definitely NOT scared of is playground equipment. She was a little hesitant on one of those bouncing bridges that connects two parts of the playground. But she would not take my hand and let me help her across, she still had to do it herself even if it meant scooting on her behind part way. The next time we came, she was very soon running across the bridge, even bouncing on it, all the while shouting "I not scared anymore!!" to the sky and anyone who cared to listen. Now she is conquering all areas of that equipment, climbing up rope ladders and such. If she just would apply such courage to sleep time . . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Llamas can be quite scary--and I feel your pain on those middle of the night wake-up calls. Fun, fun!