Sunday, July 20, 2008

Dad in charge

Well, a pretty slow week/weekend here in Seattle. The weather has been PERFECT. I want to remember this moment come winter, so bear with me as I blog about it. I love the weather here. It has been sunny and warm with a constant cool breeze. At night it always gets nice and cool, a requisite for me sleeping well. I love it.
Saturday morning I left the girls with Stephen to throw a baby shower for a friend. I came home and Stephen showed me pictures of what their morning had been like. Needless to say, my first concern was that the paint they used was non-toxic, my second concern was that every time Odessa paints now, she will want to face paint. Paint her own, or mine- either one is not an option! What was this anyway, some kind of sick nod to Heather Ledger in "Dark Knight"?
Why do dad's always do things like that when they're home? They always let them do something that you are going to have to work at keeping them from doing for the next 6 months! ha ha
Saturday afternoon we walked down to the Seattle Center for Bite of Seattle. The crowds were crazy, so we didn't stay long. We registered to vote and I saw someone drinking straight out of a young coconut, so I asked where they got it and we tracked the booth down. In the Philippines, that was a special treat that people would share with us. Stephen asked if it tasted the same- it did except in the Phils they weren't refrigerated and we usually didn't have nice spoons to scoop out the flesh. We had to use part of the husk for that. Again, like last week's post, I forgot our camera and am stealing photos from the web.
Saturday night Stephen wanted to watch "Spirit" as a family while we ate dinner. Again, another moment that I had to remind Odessa that this was a special Daddy/weekend activity and not something we would be doing regularly. Odessa found the movies this week and she loves Spirit. She has loved the sound track for over a year now, and it's only fitting that it was one of the first movies she wanted to see and loved it. We had a good time, gathered around the coffee table. Odessa and Stephen neglected to eat as they were glued to the screen (Stephen has never seen it before!). Ada plowed through her dinner and ate about 2 cups of berries before anyone else could blink an eye. I have to cut her off from them, she can eat a whole flat if I let her.
This morning, Odessa got herself ready for church and I had to include a picture of that. This week she said some of the funniest things. This morning she kept asking to watch a movie and we kept explaining that we don't watch movies on Sunday and finally I said unless she wanted to go to her room to her bed, she needed to stop. She said very matter-of-fact "I don't have to stop, I just talking to you." It was so funny and a good example of what a handful she can be. At least she didn't say it in her sassy voice, or that would have been TROU-BLE.

6 comments:

Danica Osborn said...

gotta love them dads! sometimes i tell people that i have two kids...my husband and my daughter. :)

don't you love how it's sometimes like we have teenagers already?! lately claire will sass back or say no when i ask her to do something and then she smiles and laughs or gives me a kiss when she sees my face, like she's trying to say, "just kidding!"

you sooo should have letter ode go to church like that. too funny.

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

love those glasses.. she is getting so big as she is filling out that dress..

no pics of ada??? and what is Spirit?? is is a mormon movie or am i clueless??

Tara H said...

Nic, you are clueless jk. Spirit- Stallion of the Cimarron! Ha ha, it was a Dreamworks animated movie about wild mustangs in the wild West. Josh would love it! plus you would too- tells the history of the West. I like it b/c the horses don't talk to each other- except in "horse language". I posted a new pic of Ada on the side bar, we love her smiles!! Danica, let's do try and get together while I'm in Chicago!

Tara H said...

ps- the music on Spirit is by Han Zimmer and the soundtrack is by Bryan Adams, so if that's not enough to get you to watch the movie, I don't know what is . . . and don't tell me, because I like both those guys.

Larsen said...

Haven't seen Spirit either. Guess we will now!

They do say the funniest things huh!

Cate had a good one this past week....

"that's not what God said."

yeah, bless their little hearts!

Erin said...

I really really love odie's outfit for church. My parents quickly realized that if they let me dress like that, and bring my naked barbies, I was a lot more bearable during the service!