Friday, July 25, 2008

Here's some history about me

I thought this was a great tag, especially since most of my blogging friends have known me less than 5 years.

20 years ago I . . .
1. Was looking forward to being in Mrs. Compton's class where I worked harder at being the class clown than on my grades.
2. Swam in the National Guard swimming pool most afternoons as long as I picked my rows of raspberries first and weeded a row in the garden.
3. Spent some of my best summer moments snapping beans, shucking corn or podding peas sitting in a circle with my sisters and mom. (once we quoted nearly the entire movie "Princess Bride")

10 years ago I . . .
1. Worked at a bakery decorating cakes.
2. Had my first real boyfriend (ew, sad, huh?)
3. Detached myself from my biggest crush (my now hubby, Stephen) so he could go serve a church mission in Italy.

5 years ago I . . .
1. Was in the Philippines on my church mission with a Filipina as my constant companion.
2. Started eating the "forbidden" street food that would supposedly make us sick.
3. Saw a lot of sad situations and relationships that made me grateful for my prosperity and my freedom to choose my future husband with no big societal, family or economic pressures.

1 year ago I . . .
1. Was in Chicago, trying to wear newborn Ada in the sling I sewed. (mostly a failure)
2. Trying to stay as close to the one air con unit we had in our apartment.
3. Avoiding the 17 yr siege of the cicadas (locusts like insects) which were so thick, they ran into you when you walked outside and covered the trees and sidewalks.

This year I will . . .
1. Finally lose the baby weight!
2. Consider moving into a house.
3. Go camping at least one more time this summer.

Yesterday I . . .
1. Spent the afternoon at Golden Gardens beach
2. Didn't eat any ice cream even though Stephen did (this is big for me)!
3. Got suckered into a Mystery Masterpiece Theater program that went past 11pm (but it was worth it)

Today I . . .
1. Worked out for the first time at the gym I just joined!
2. Will try and do everything in my willpower to get Odessa to take a nap
3. Will go on a girls night out with my friend Hil, which includes thrift store shopping!

Tomorrow I will . . .
1. Participate in a Church Pioneer Day celebration.
2. Hopefully visit either Ballard's Seafood Fest or Bellevue's Art Festival.
3. Make Creamy Parsley Pistachio Pesto Fettuccine for dinner (say that 10 times fast).

Ok, if you are among the 5 people who read this, tag you are it- now you have to do this!

2 comments:

Corey said...

Thanks for playing along Tara! You're so funny! I love it! Eeew those cicadas must have been gross! The beach was so fun yesterday, thanks again for inviting us along!

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

so, i thought the sling went well with ada..

so great you joined the gym! maybe you should do the marathon with me and make stephen be water boy!!