Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The whole story and a recipe

Here is the link to the recipe in the picture below. It's from Rachel Ray, it doesn't serve 4 (it serves like 8) and I would cut back on the kalamata olives and oh yeah, I only used 6 oz feta because that is how they come in the packages!

Your perm stories prompted the rest of my perm story, not shown in photos. Stephen gave me a gift certificate for my birthday to an Aveda salon to get a massage. Instead of unwinding I decided to make my hair as uptight as I am. I was assigned to the "perm expert". She had very long, very blonde, very permed hair. She looked nothing like the hipster waifs that were cutting hair at other stations. Frankly, she looked like she was stuck in the 80's and I was tad worried. But we had a swell time chatting and my appointment went late into the night.
The next day I realized some of my hair did not take the perm well. It was flat, it was blah. We scheduled a re-do and I was nervous, but she was nice about it.
She re-rolled the top half of my hair and then I thought she was going to melt it off! It really started burning and she would come check it and say something about steam. I figured if there was steam coming off my hair, then stick a fork in it, it's done. Was she waiting for the smoke alarm to sound?
Despite my worries, it came out rather fine and I am happy to have a scrunch and go hairstyle. I keep telling Stephen "you know what the next step is, don't you?" He replies begrudgingly:
"cut it all off."

1 comment:

mandy* said...

Thanks for the recipe!!!