Sunday, June 28, 2009

I don't know why the armoire swallowed the dining room . . .



. . . . I guess it'll die.
So, we had an eventful Thursday night that involved renting a Penske truck (no- no one in our ward has a truck big enough for this and no, we weren't about to ask them to do what we did anyway), picking up Stephen at work amidst Mariners game traffic, navigating to 2 people's homes in unfamiliar towns 45 minutes South of here, many u-turns, loading a (500#) armoire into the back without a truck ramp, loading a bunk bed set at another house, a 9-1-1 call for the man that was lying in the street (everything turned out fine), and an 11:00pm un-load at our house with the help of our EXTREMELY nice friend Jake. Then we realized that the armoire was a monster! We were thinking the bigger, the more stuff it will hold, right? Ha ha. It's serving as our pantry. Well, live and learn and this monster is staying put- we'll have to take it out in pieces with axes if we ever move.
The bunk beds on the other hand, are perfect. They are the exact set I was looking for, not too tall, with a railing around the top and a ladder attached. The girls (and Aiden) bounced around on them gleefully and the girls just giggle for 5 minutes straight when I put them down. I hope the girls love these as much as I loved sharing a bunk bed with my sister and Stephen did sharing with his brothers. We used to lay in bed singing Silent Night in rounds and spent hours (it seemed) playing the try-to-catch-my-legs-if-you-can game. Thank goodness for space-saving furniture when you have some that seem to take up an entire room!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I love the bunkbeds! That is my favorite kind too, with the ladder attached. They are going to have a lot of fun in those beds.

And the armoire isn't that big. I was thinking wider . . . . The wood looks nice on it. I bet you are so happy to close the door on all that's inside!

Steve and Nancy said...

I love your new furniture. Did you get it off of Craig's list? You gained alot of storage space with the armoire and it looks fine in your dining room. Can't wait to see you this weekend. Mom Hunt

Becky said...

Love the bunkbeds and the armoire! I think it looks great.