Thursday, July 16, 2009

take a walk

The last 2 weeks I have been trying to get outside and walk a little bit at night. I can't believe the affect on my mood. It's so wonderful to get some fresh air and be alone with my thoughts. I also love exploring all the nooks and grannies of Magnolia, going down streets I always wondered about. I love the views from Magnolia Blvd, looking out to the Puget Sound, the boats and Olympic mountains. I love looking at all the houses I will never be able to afford : ( ok, so I don't LOVE thinking about how we could never buy a house here! Ok, so not all houses on Magnolia look like this . . . .


. . . . . they look more like this, but we still could never afford one!

But I do love the yards with hydrangeas and boxy hedges that make me think of English movies. There aren't screens on the doors or a lot of windows and most houses are open wide- even the front doors! There are very few bugs in Seattle and it shows how trusting neighbors are of each other. I meet dozens of people walking their dogs or just getting some fresh air themselves and everyone is so nice- it's a real community here. Now if one of them would just up and decide to leave their house to a nice couple like us, well- that would be a dream come true! ; ) It's just like I overheard Odessa telling Ada the other day "Ada, someday, all your dreams will come true and mine will too." I guess a little Disney fantasy never hurt anyone, did it?

2 comments:

Becky said...

You do live in a pretty area...so close to the water and all those awesome views!

Beth said...

When you moved to Chicago, I thought to myself, "Tara walks EVERY day!"

It is really beautiful there.