Sunday, July 26, 2009

The week in photos

Life goes on without a car. We actually had 2 loaner cars at times this week due to various reasons and super nice friends.We finally cleaned up our new (to us) couch. We got this couch a few weeks ago. Goodbye crappy college furniture. Hello slightly nicer hand-me-downs. Our apartment is getting all grown up! (sniff, sniff) lolOur green thumb neighbor keeps sharing the veggies from her pots in the back. Here are some wicked awesome beans she grew. They are like purple tie-dyed. Ada preferred them raw- wouldn't touch them cooked.Ada got to join Odessa in taking swim lessons after all. There was several openings in the toddler class just before Odessa's. Every morning of the last 2 weeks at breakfast Odessa would say: "Ada, when you get bigger like me, you can take swim lessons". So when I told Ada we had to get her swimsuit on for lessons, she looked at me in amazement for a few seconds, then asked: "I got bigger?" She jumps right into the water and goes under without fear.Odessa has broken the barrier this week on any fear of dunking- here she is mid-dunk which she is now doing constantly without her teacher (sometimes when she is supposed to be doing something else). Kristyn and I went berry picking! We came home with 30# between the 2 of us and I have made a lot of jam. Finding places for all of them was another story. We had pancakes with raspberry sauce this morning and raspberry chipolte BBQ chicken tonight with raspberry dessert. You gotta gorge while the time is right I guess.
The search for the right car goes on.

4 comments:

Corey said...

Yum! Those berries look delicious! I'm glad you were able to go and had a fun time. Sorry I've been so busy and wasn't able to watch your girls the last two times you asked me. I'm such a lame friend! :( Seriously, though keep asking I so owe you!

Cara said...

Yummy raspberries, can you send the recipes 'cause I have some raspberries I've been debating what to use them for, not quite enough for jam.

Beth said...

wow--check out all those raspberries . . . what fun!

Paula said...

Hey you want to send some of those up north so I don't have to go pick any? They look delicious!!