Friday, August 21, 2009

A little bit after the fact, but last weekend we went to the Skagit Valley County Fair. We decided to hit a couple smaller fairs rather than deal with the Puyallup traffic for the Western Washington Fair. We'll see. We're huge suckers for fairs, so we may end up going to the WWF as well. Seeing as how we had saved our money and calories for this big day, we hit (almost) every fried food available. Fried cheese, mini-donuts, corn dogs, curly fries. The "main dish" was a hamburger with fried onions. Of course we had room for some ice cream cones and kettle corn. We washed it all down with a half gallon of lemonade. Ughhhh, I was too sick of fried food to get one of my favorites: an elephant ear! Oh well, we'll have to make at least one more trip to a fair and get an elephant ear : ).
We spend most of our waking hours protecting our children from strange people and preventable injuries. Then we pay 3$, tell them to go with a scary carnival worker and put them in these rickety old rides!Here they are, going up, up, up!

Capturing the spirit of a county fair- a kids tractor pull

Petting zoo

They loved the birds of all types. I have never used so much hand sanitizer in my life.

Although we didn't get pictures of ourselves stuffing our faces with fried foods, here is what Stephen and I felt like later that night. Cuddly piggies.

3 comments:

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

spooning naked piggies... TMI!

hahaha

mandy* said...

Mark and I LOVE fairs. AND, how is it possible that you are not going to go the the Puyallup Fair??!! It is THE FAIR!!! They even got the website thefair.com. So that means they are the best. Also, when did you go last year??? Mark and I hit absolutely zero traffic on the way there and back. Maybe you should go with us...we will teach you the ways of the Puyallup Fair.

Cara said...

I always think of you when I go to the fair. I'm so glad I had you to walk around with in between lamb events back in the day... Good times!