Sunday, August 9, 2009

Who's coming to Thanksgiving this year?

This has another 25" leaf, so we can fit you all!
Comparison: For the last 5 years, we have sat at this little round table on padded and unpadded folding chairs (give or take a few months on borrowed furniture)The seller on Craiglist measured the width wrong and we didn't realize until we set it up at home that it's 6 inches WIDER than we were looking for (note the narrow dining area!) But we are keeping it and can't believe the difference a real table makes. (ps- "truck" passed it's first test with flying colors. This table and the 7 chairs all fit in it with nothing strapped on top. What a relief not to have to borrow someone's vehicle.)

In other news, this was the week of injuries. Monday, Odessa split her lip at the playground. About ten minutes later Aiden (who I was watching) fell off the monkey bars and we found out later his "hurt" wrist was actually a broken arm! Horrible, no good day. Later that night Odessa burned her finger badly. During the week I got a sore on the bottom of my foot from a piece of wood, then I cut my thumb wide open on a can I was cleaning out and yesterday I burnt my arm to match the recent scar on the other arm. It's ironic that both burns were made when I was baking for someone else. I am going to look into Mederma, any yays or nays out there?

5 comments:

mandy* said...

Your dining table looks awesome! Everything in your house matches. I can't wait to see it in person.

Corey said...

Great table! You guys have had quite the home makeover lately. Congrats on all the super finds on Craigslist! Doesn't it feel great to graduate out of the hand-me-downs? We did it two years ago and it's so nice to create your own style.

Beth said...

Love your new table. I wish it were me for your Thanksgiving dinner! You must be having fun thinking of how you can fill that table. Thanks goodness for the truck.

Becky said...

sheesh...what a day!

Danica Osborn said...

bigger car, bigger dining room table...any reasons for all the bigger upgrades??? ;)