Sunday, March 14, 2010

Confidence Builders

Stephen and I were asked last week to talk in church today. Ada seemed determined to make sure my frame of mind was not overly confident before I stood up in front of the congregation.

She trotted into my room this morning, picked up my bra from my designated clothing cast off chair and said while holding it in the air:
"Are these your boobs?" Then she insisted that I should put it on right away. Probably freaked out to see me without my boobs.
At the breakfast table I was shiny faced (as always) not having showered or put on my make-up yet. She said: "What's that red stuff on your face?"
Me: "Where?" (egging her on)
Ada: "Right there on your chin, and there and there on your chin again" (pointing) "Are those from your pillow?"
Me: "No, they're not Ada, mommy just doesn't have perfect skin like you and Odessa!"

Oh boy, going to have a stellar day!

8 comments:

mandy* said...

I think you need to write a book of Ada-isms. She is seriously one of the funniest kids I know!

P.S. I totally forgot about Nursery! I dropped off Cohen and then went straight to the kitchen to set up my object lesson for YW. Then I went to Sunday School really late and thought, "Hmmm, I wonder where Tara is." I think I left my brain somewhere else today.

Michelle M said...

I have a clothing cast-off area... on the floor next to my bed. But I used to have a chair. I'm glad I'm not the only "lazy" person who only puts away clothes once or twice a week.

Daphne calls my bra a doughnut... weird huh?

Ada has such innocent criticism- ha ha.

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corey said...

Nice one Ada!! I've got the same problem with detachable boobs. Gotta love it, HA!

Ericka said...

Oh my gosh, I am laughing out loud right now! Too funny!

Larsen said...

I agree...we want an Ada-isms book! What a riot!

HOW DID YOUR TALK GO THEN????

Paula said...

Here's two good ones to add to your list:

(1) When I was pregnant with Melena, my (then) 4 year old neice said "Auntie, you must have a lot of mosquitoes at your house?", I respond "No, not too many. What makes you think that?" Neice: "Because you have mosquito bites all over your face"!!! (aka ZITS!)

(2) My friend recently had a 10 lb 5 oz baby. Her 3 1/2 year old stated 3 days later "mommy, I wish your tummy was flat"!

And so are the things that come out of the mouth's of babes!

Becky said...

So funny. Garrett once asked if he could borrow my bra. ??????? I told him no.