Monday, June 21, 2010

Learning moment or let-it-go moment?

Ada talking to Mandy who is 8 months pregnant:

Ada: Your baby sure is getting big!

Mandy: Yes, it is!

Me: She's going to have a baby next month!

Ada: How does the baby get out of your tummy?

Mandy: Uhhh, I'm going to let your mom explain that later.

That's a let-it-go moment.

Odessa overheard me telling someone that the Man with the Yellow Hat and Dr Wiseman should just get married already:

Odessa: You know what would be crazy? If a woman and a woman got married! (laughing) Then they would have to wear the same clothes! Ha ha ha ha ha.

Me: Um, well actually sometimes a woman and another woman DO get married . . . .

This turned into a learning moment. Sigh. It's so hard to tell when to have which.

5 comments:

Briana said...

Hey Tara -

I've really loved your posts lately! This one is great. Funny how she focused in on wearing the same clothes.

Miss you!
Bri

Danielle said...

Jason and I totally have a joke going about the man in the yellow hat and dr. weisman too! :)

Ericka said...

So funny! I am laughing once again! What cute girls! However, I think I would have liked responding to the birthing question more than the two women getting married comment!

Corey said...

Fun times! I finally had to break down and tell Hyrum the truth that babies do not in fact come out of your belly button. Funny though, he didn't seem all that interested and days later it's like he doesn't even care or remember. When the time is right for your girls, I find it's best to be straight forward, simple and use correct terms. There's a great book out there that I was recommended by fellow preschool parents entitled, "It's Not the Stork." I haven't checked it out yet but from what I hear it's very kid friendly. Good luck!

Alyssa said...

Too cute. You're such a good mom, Tara.