Thursday, December 2, 2010

We're having a baby . . . .

. . . . BOY!

We are excited- I don't think either of us knew how strongly we felt about it either way until she told us and we saw for ourselves- a NUMBER of times that it was a boy.
Frankly, I had been gearing up for a girl. I just thought it would easier- I have all the clothes and toys and even a name picked out this time around. But shifting gears is A-OK and I really wanted a son for Stephen to teach all his cool "guy" stuff too like scouting and hunting and building stuff . . .

Ultrasound went well today- I got more choked up about the fact that all 4 chambers of the heart were there and 2 legs and 2 arms, etc, etc. This pregnancy has been so unlike the other 2 that I just couldn't relax and not worry that something might be wrong. There are no guarantees, but at least seeing what looked like a healthy baby was reassuring. I just wanted to get this out there in case people didn't see on Facebook what we were
having : )

9 comments:

Cara said...

Yay, congrats. Boys are a lot of fun. :)

Michelle M said...

A boy will be a wonderful adventure for your family of girly-girls! Some boy names that I like (if you're open to suggestions): Preston, Cole, Gavin, and Grayson. I like these names because they're not too common.

mandy* said...

I can't wait to meet little baby boy!!!!

Paula said...

Yay, I am so excited for you! I was WAY more nauseous with Nash than with Melena. I hope you are feeling better and glad to hear all is well!! Many people I know that are pregnant or just had babies are having boys!! It's the boy year!

Kim Dewey said...

How exciting! Are you going to know what to do with a boy?? Stephen will have to intervene quite a bit on behalf of the little guy. Regardless, I have a feeling that you'll have quite a few photo ops with him wearing jewelry and holding baby dolls!

Nathan and Colleen said...

Congrats on breaking out of the 'rut.'

Larsen said...

Congrats! Truly I am excited for you! I will submit our boy name that we won't be using (as we are done). It is BOWEN. If you like it, that would be cool!

I got more and more worked up with each baby's ultrasound. The naivety of just see the gender to the realization that something could be wrong grew with each baby. So I understand your concern, and that you have a bit of peace of mind now with seeing all the parts are where they are supposed to be!

We are really happy for you!
(Having a Stephen Jr. running around the world is a great thing! I know his nickname in HS was Stiffy,-if you don't ask him or Kyle to tell you--and that makes me laugh to think that could happen again. I love the idea of history repeating it's self in this regard!)

Unknown said...

Wow. I'm way behind. Congrats on having a boy! I'm so happy for you guys. Your girls are going to be the bes older sisters.

Erin said...

I didn't see it on FB! Congratulations!!!!