Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cold and clear

My mom and dad came for a visit last week over the New Year. We had a great time and New Years Eve we decided to take a day trip to get out of the city. It's been forever since we took a ferry anywhere, so we headed over to Port Townsend and Poulsbo but it was a killer cold day even though the sun was super bright. I must say Port Townsend is my new destination of choice- we have got to get back there this summer to explore. Here are some photos . . .

From the Ferry

The Olympic mountains looked so amazing!

She knows how to take a picture- needle in the background

See what I mean?


Mt Rainier from ferry- not it's finest moment, but it never ceases to impress


Ok, I couldn't stop taking shots of them . . .

From the peninsula- outside Port Townsend in Fort Worden State Park- loved this place!


Looking back East at Whidbey Island and the mountains on the mainland behind Whidbey


Point Wilson Lighthouse at Fort Worden


They loved climbing the rock wall surrounding the lighthouse


Stephen even got them leaping around


Mom and dad

With the girls, the Port Townsend/Whidbey Island ferry in background



My Nordics


Port Townsend has several really gorgeous houses and buildings- they had their heyday in the late 1800s

On to Scandinavian Poulsbo


Ummm . . . . delicious!!


Surrounded by amazing pastries, we all found at least one we wanted to try



Goodbye Poulsbo and the peninsula, we'll be back on a warmer day!

Thanks Mom and Dad for spoiling us, we had a great time!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

We DO live in the most gorgeous place ever, if I do say so myself.
I have many fond memories of the bakery in Poulsbo from when I was a kid. LOVED the giant donuts. :)

Kristin said...

Great photos - I would buy them as postcards - can you whip some up for me?

awtitera said...

I can't believe we never went there! See, now we have to come back and visit...

Beth said...

Great photos!

pillowgram said...

We had a great time too and miss you already. Your photos are great.

Cara said...

Beautiful pictures. Makes me want to come visit and get those clothes in person :) But obviously that's not an option for us right now. And maybe those clothes are meant for someone else in Seattle since they don't seem to want to leave there. :) I won't feel bad if you find someone who needs them there, but I do appreciate your efforts to get them to us.

Alyssa said...

great pics - we went to the same bakery when we were there over labor day - we will all have to go again together someday!