Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bean and Cheese Enchiladas

I forgot to take a picture before they were dished up. I was interested in making these for 2 reasons- homemade enchilada sauce has got to be cheaper than my favorite Trader Joes enchilada sauce and the instructions were to heat the filled tortillas and then pour the heated sauce over individual enchiladas right before serving. This is a method I have been trying at my house recently to cut down on tortilla sogginess. I will admit I cheated on the filling- I did not have the cottage cheese to blend into a nice, smooth filling and add beans to- I wanted to use rice and black beans, so I did.
I have decided if you want the recipe, I will email it to you. At least for this one- I may be more motivated next time and actually post it.
Sum up- homemade sauce isn't AS good, but it IS good and of course cheaper than my favorite kind . . . although I think Cooks Illustrated has a homemade sauce that is just as good or better, maybe I better dig that one up and do a little taste-off.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I vote, yes post the recipes. If I'm being a demanding reader, I would also like to hear the opinion of your children on the dish and how long the prep time was? too demanding? They look really yummy.