Sunday, March 16, 2008

St. Patrick's Day






Stephen and I got to go downtown on Saturday to see the Chicago River dyed green for St. Patrick's Day. Our friends the Kestens kept the girls at their place. St Patty's is a big deal around here! We missed the parade, which we knew we would, but the crowds were there and the river was still quite green. In fact, we crossed the river further down stream and it was hardly green at all and so we thought "well, that's not very impressive" (see picture of Stephen above). Then we got up closer to the lake and Michigan Avenue and saw how really green it was. It was fun to get a small look at yet another time honored Chicago tradition. This week also included a fun Relief Society activity in which we all donated services that we could provide and then bid on other's donations. It seemed that nearly everyone got a service that fit them perfectly. Several of us young moms got a night of babysitting, homebound people got rides to the doctor, etc. It was such a great swap of things we could do for each other.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, that river is really green! How fun for you to see some of that stuff!

I don't really have a blog like yours yet, just my wedding website for now, but I'll probably cave after the wedding and start one up!

It is a fun way to keep everyone posted!

Unknown said...

Tara:
Hey I'm glad you finally got a blog. It was fun to read up on your doings. I would have liked to be there for the RS activity. Any fun "talents" that I may have missed?

And I apologize for Mike's comments. Stephen looks just fine. Mike's a goofball!

Unknown said...

We should have gotten together! Mike and I went down for the festivities as well. We had a blast. It was crazy to see the river so green!

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

I Heart Chicago! So happy your camera was fixed by the little asian for you to capture the moment!