Sunday, November 30, 2008

Leftover throw together

I am going to quickly post a recipe I just used some of our turkey in. We are a little tired of the turkey, gravy and potatoes routine, so I thought I would spice it up a little.

In some olive oil I cooked
1 chopped onion
1 seeded and chopped jalapeno
2 cloves garlic
1+ Tbs tomato paste
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2-1 tsp cumin
dash sugar
salt / pepper

When soft, I added:
1 can chicken broth
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn
1 can rinsed black beans
1 can diced green chilies
a dash of chicken bouillon for more flavor

Once that simmered, I put in a bunch of cut up turkey- mostly breast
We will top with sour cream and maybe some cheese and tortilla chips. I wish I had some cilantro and a spritz of lime would be good. . . hmmmm.
Well, you've got to do with what you've got to make do. ha ha

No comments: