Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy 5th Anniversary

On the actual day, I have to wish my hubby a happy anniversary! It was especially funny this morning as I was sweating it out at the gym (trying to lose some of the 12# I've put on in the last five years!) that the song 99 Red Balloons came over the system. What fun to think I was dancing to that song exactly 5 years ago at my wedding reception!
Here are some of the highlights of the last 5 years (and our relationship) in numbers:

2 beautiful little girls- as we think about adding to our family in the coming years, I am so grateful for the 2 girls we have now and how much fun they are.

5 moves: if you count the time we moved in together at the time of the wedding, we have moved 5 times in 5 years and lived in everything from a tiny house to huge farmhouse, spacious duplex, smaller apartments. We've had dishwashers and gone without, washers and dryers and not, 15 mice and only a bathtub (that was the farmhouse). Good times and many, many memories.

1825- number of days we've said "I love you" to each other.

1625- number of days I've probably said something not as nice as above and regretted it.

99% of work days we've talked on the phone.

12- number of jobs the two of us have had in 5 years.

4- number of times I've "let" him make dinner (I'd really rather be in the kitchen- it's my sanctuary)

99.9% of the time he plays rowdy games with the girls when he comes home.

2- the number of foods we differ about: blue cheese for him and some German raw meat dish for me!

2- the number of desserts we'd really like to enjoy together each night. (an Izzie, some chocolate and/or some ice cream!)

8- the number of card and board games we love to play just the two of us. (the best is Jambo, I have a rats chance of winning).

234- the number of times I have told him I want him to take me to Europe.

12- the number of years we've been friends.

6- the number of months we "dated" and were engaged combined.

4- the number of times he wrote me during his 2 year mission in Italy.

85- the number of times he wrote me during my 18 month mission in the Philippines.

100%- the number of cards and letters that come from him that I keep.

65+: the number of years I hope we have together!

Love you Honey!
love, me.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Congratulations! Very nice post . . . sweet & funny. I don't know the balloon song. . . .

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

i didn't know he only wrote you 4 times on his mission.. that is funny and sadly not surprising ;0)

p.s. i got 10 letters from scott while he was on his mission..... i was a prospective convert/new convert so his motivations were a little scewed :)

Becky said...

How sweet! You look so pretty in your wedding picture.

Steve and Nancy said...

The funnest part of your wedding day for me was the bus ride to the Italien restaurant in downtown Boise. What a great memory and the perfect forshadowing to what your lives together would be like!

Anonymous said...

What a great 5 years!! Keep up the good work. You will have many more years to come. Mom

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!

Leslie D.

erin said...

How did you calculate the number of times you've asked him to take you to europe! hahaha. Very nice. Happy Anniversary!