Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More Celebrations

Ok, just a recap of some of our celebrations this month. We were waiting on some photos. Going back to the lucky day of 09-09-09 when Stephen (and his twin Chad) turned 30! I didn't do a lot to make it a special day besides the cake already posted about. I was too busy doing more stuff in the kitchen. Stephen's real gift was these peaches which I canned that day. They are his favorite treat.He wanted to go to this German bar for dinner (great food) but we stayed home and grilled steaks on his new little grill instead!
This weekend for our anniversary we took his Birthday gift certificate to REI and he got a new jacket after 18 years of using the old one!! You think he will get rid of it? Nah.

He got me flowers from Pike Place in my wedding flower colors, red and yellow. Then we finally went to Feierabend! Although the bar scene is far from my comfort zone, the German food was delish!! Stephen got a whole ham hock and with the red cabbage "kraut" -like stuff, I helped him eat the whole thing! I think we are ready for a little quieter October, but who doesn't like celebrating??

4 comments:

Beth said...

Sept is so busy! I don't think Oct will be any slower for you, I know how you love Halloween.

Love the peaches. He was lucky to get them for his b-day. I showed Bryn that photo and she was frustrated because I scrolled down too quickly . . . . (I interrupted her counting the jars).

Ericka said...

Tara, Charlie is allergic to dairy, eggs, peanut butter, and thats all we know of right now. I have an allergy test scheduled for the little lad soon...hopefully, we won't find out he's allergic to more, these are about all I can take!

Corey said...

Yum Yum! You go girl! I've never come close to attempting something like that. Maybe someday I'll have the counter space and patience to do so.

My older brother's birthday was 9/9/09 as well! What a fun day for a celebration!

Steve and Nancy said...

The coat looks great and the peaches are beautiful.