Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bad week

It's been a terrible, no good, very bad, horrible few days. Murphy's law is in full effect on my life- if it's a bad thing, then it will happen to me. Perspective: no one I love is injured or dead, although I probably may lose my job, we don't count on it for anything but a little spending money and though currently my calling ("church job" for those of you that are not LDS) is more than challenging me, I still believe in Christ. Health: check. Breadwinner: check. Faith: check.

Thankfully, my kids give me lots of perspective and keep me for wailing "woe is me" for very long. (although sometimes they add to my woe!)
During Ada's nap, Odessa is supposed to have quiet time on the couch with library books. Yesterday she informed me she wasn't going to do any such thing. When I got done explaining to her that yes, she was going to have quiet time, she stomped over to the couch with huffy "Fine!"

Odessa: (from the couch) Who gave me to you anyway??

Me: (ignoring comment)

Odessa: Yer crazy, mom. Mom! You are crazy!

Me: (feeling crazy) no I'm not, don't call me crazy.

Odessa: (hopping down from the couch) I need some chapstick.

Me: Don't you go into your room, Ada is asleep.

Odessa: I'm not, I'm getting yours.

Needless to say, there was some discussion about borrowing my things before asking, respecting her mother and the consequences of not staying in quiet time. Sheesh.

Today she was painting and I was again in the kitchen (am I always there??) I bumped her fridge toy and it started singing its' song about a letter (about 10 seconds long) "A says ahhh and A says Ay! Every letter makes a sound and A says ahhhh and Ay!"

Odessa: Mo--om, I can't paint with all that loud music! I just can't concentrate!

Apparently I am living with a 3 yr old turning 14 next month.

8 comments:

Michelle M said...

I haven't checked your blog in a LONG time, but I think I might have to start checking regularly, because your posts are too funny! (not funny because I'm laughing AT you, but WITH you- Dayton gives me this same kind of grief). Who gave her to you anyway?

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

hang in there!!! sorry i missed your call back, i left my phone in the car and forgot it till now.. we will catch up this weekend! hang in there

Paula said...

Sounds like the week I had! We should set up a chat soon! Sunday works for me if you are around! Hope your weekend is better than your week! Take care!

Unknown said...

Tara...I'm sorry to say it's just starting. As the Mother of girls we have a long ahead of emotional drama queens...bring it on! :)

Becky said...

Is there something in the water? My week was less than fun as well. Don't you just love little girl attitude? My favorite is when I'm told "You don't even LOVE me! You wish I wasn't BORNED!"
Hang in there! I think you're awesome!

Danica Osborn said...

i know we shouldn't be laughing at your expense, but your girls just crack me up. they are so sassy! we're really in for it with these gals of ours, huh?

i don't konw what's going on, but i hope things start getting better soon!!!

Steve and Nancy said...

And then your in-laws arrived you ended up sleeping on the floor for the rest of the week! I'm afraid we added to your pain, but we sure enjoyed our visit. Your little girls are bright enough to be sassy! You are up to it, Tara. From our observations, you are a wise and generous mother. Your children are so blessed to have you! We love you. Thanks for being such a good hostess, and great daughter-in-law. Nancy

Debbie and Boys said...

Found your blog through Kim's. Sooo funny. Sounds like we have similar 3 year olds. I'll take the "two's" over the 3-4 stage any day!