Friday, November 6, 2009

No going back now

On Monday I headed out to the thrift stores, hoping to score some deals on leftover halloween costumes I could use for dress up. I tried 2 thrift stores I haven't been before- big mistake. Stick with the ones you know have lots of kids items! I only found new costumes that were way overpriced marked down by 50%- still not the deal I was hoping for, but I got 2 dresses anyway. The girls knew I got them and so there was no holding them off until Christmas. Last night after much begging, the dresses were tried on. Oh my, this is the end. We set some hard, fast rules about how often and where they can be worn. Mozart was put on and much dancing ensued. Stephen introduced the girls to YouTube clips of dancing ballerinas, it's one of their favorite things to watch. Cheaper than taking them to the Ballet- heh heh. I also started thinking we would have a great time in Disneyland next Spring. The girls know all the Mickey Characters from a series of books they have and of course love the princesses. Stephen is a bit hesitant since he hasn't been there before. I told the girls that Cinderella lived in a castle in California. Rotten, aren't I? No turning back now. Think of it- if we drive there it will make the drive so much more manageable to tell them we are going to see Cinderella in her castle and they need to be good!

6 comments:

Paula said...

You'll have to take those dresses with you to Disneyland so they can meet Cinderella in a Cinderella dress!

Allison Nelson said...

And, you can come and see me! I have a Disneyland pass (the CA select, so no weekends or summers) and a parking pass, so I could be helpful. :)

Beth said...

I deleted my last comment, sorry.

What I was trying to say is that if you do what Paula says and take costumes, make sure you bring along the Beast, too.

It will be a fun trip.

Nathan and Colleen said...

Disneyland will be so fun with girls their age. If you need a place to stay I'll give you the hook-up. Let me know.
Colleen

Alyssa said...

OMG - these are two cute!

Michelle M said...

When I went to Disneyland as a kid, my sister and I dressed up, too! I dressed as Minnie Mouse, and she was Snow White. My favorite things is that now I have a picture of me with Minnie Mouse, and she has one of her with Snow White, dressed matching. Precious!

I need to get some play dresses for Daphne.Within the last week, she HAS to choose what she wants to wear (literally, a FIT if she doesn't get to choose), and it's always a dress. I had no idea I would lose my input on her clothing choices so quickly!