Sunday, November 15, 2009

"Oh, I LOVE this!"

I kept saying the above over and over at the Best of the Northwest Art Alliance Show on Friday night. Our friends the Coles met us there and I had so much fun ooooouuuuing and ahhhhhhing over the art with Becky while our husbands stood there talking about biking and work. I don't think they saw more than 2 pieces of art, we could have left them in the lobby and saved on their entrance fees! LOL. But I am always over the top when it comes to vendors of any sort. I have done a few "craft fairs" when I sold Scentsy and so I know what it's like to be on the other side of the table. These artists were REALLY good though, and their stuff was so unique. I could have easily spent a couple hundred to thousand dollars there. Good thing I had $0 to spend! One woman (Alice Macdonald) crotchets wire into these beautiful necklaces.
I'm sorry the picture I could find is so small, but hopefully you get the idea. Some of her necklaces look like scenes, like this garden scene with a dragonfly. I loved another that had bead grape bunches dripping off it and another with a peacock feather made from beads.

After the show we walked over to the Bahn Thai which was good, but disappointing Spring Rolls. As with many meals, the conversation was the best part anyway (I think we were shushed at one point!). Here's to good art and good friends!

5 comments:

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

your welcome for "setting you two up" :)

Danielle said...

I have had a hankering to go to one of those holiday craft fairs...

Becky said...

SHHHHH!! Ha ha! We loved it too. Too bad that hat cost $90....it would have looked real good on you.

Pilowgram said...

I like your new picture updates. Looking forward to seeing you next week.

Larsen said...

I AM BACK!!!!

♥ Gina