Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dancing for Joy and movies

Ada got to change into her Cinderella dress when she got home from Church. However, it was also time for her nap.

Me: Ada, it's time for your nap.

Ada: (holding out her skirt and twirling) Princesses don't take naps, they dance . . . . for joy!

later, after the nap, prepping for dinner

Stephen: Ada, can you come help Odessa and I snap these beans?

Ada: (holding out her skirt and twirling) No! Cinderella is too busy dancing . . . . for joy!

Movies
We saw a smattering of movies this weekend. The first was Mississippi Burning, we happened upon it on PBS and it's about the 3 civil rights workers who were killed in Mississippi in July 1964. This movie affected me a great deal, my head was buzzing for an hour after I tried to go to bed. It's not a happy movie, but history has to be dealt with and as an American History major, Stephen is helping me figure out how I will deal with it personally. I think everyone should see this movie for various reasons, even just to understand better how people felt (both sides) and what they went through less than 50 years ago. It amazes me.

Had a girls night out to see New Moon. Rolled my eyes through most of it. Did not expect it to be very good because the actors they picked for this whole series are terrible and who can go to that many acting lessons in a year? Not them. I will still see the next one and the 4th if they have the gumption to make it. It's human nature to want to see how bad the train wreck really is. Liked Jacob a WHOLE lot better than anyone else on screen and not just because of his abs, ha ha - he can actually act. Came home and caught most of a Hallmark Christmas movie with Stephen just to cheer me up. It was cheesy and cute and had better acting. For real. But the company for girls night out was too much fun. Women need each other, that is for certain- even if it's just to listen to each other moan about kids or grocery shopping or a bad movie!

Leaving on Tuesday morning for Boise. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

4 comments:

Larsen said...

ah, that is too bad. I am sorry you didn't like NM.

I loved it. Thought that it was so much better than twilight, which was poor.

Oh well.

Eclipse is only 6 months out too! Yeah.

Becky said...

Ada: too funny! She knows how a princess lives...it's all luxury and dancing.
I had lots of fun with you and your friends. Let's do it again!

capturingtheride said...

Glad you had fun with the girls, even if the movie wasn't great. Good luck on your road trip to Boise -

and ps - I really really like your new blog photo up top :)

Michelle M said...

I agree with the main actors in the Twilight movie series. I could have played Bella WAY better than she does! And Edward is SO NOT how I pictured him. But like you, I'll see all the movies anyway!