Thursday, September 4, 2008

In Brief- not really

Well, our camera is now re-broken, so photos will have to wait. For those of you long time Hunt blog readers, you will recall the super glue camera fix. No one expected it to last forever. I think we will skip the repairman this time and maybe invest in a new camera. Suggestions anyone? Hey crazy Asian photo taker (you know I am asking you).

We spent a lovely Labor day weekend in Boise at the Hunt family reunion aka Nana's birthday bash. Stephen's parents bought the house next to them years ago, so with all their kid's families, we filled both houses up with fun. The food was great, the company was great, Boise is great. I have come away from both of my last trips there wanting to move home! That is a first. I have always appreciated visiting home, but now I guess I've turned that corner when it's time to settle down and I would really like it to be in Boise. Oh, I could go on and on about how much we like Seattle and that these feelings are just a product of me not being 100% comfortable living here yet, etc, etc. But honestly, it's more than that.

Nana turns 90 this year, thus the birthday bash. It was so fun to see lots of pictures of her life and hear and read some of everyone's memories about her. She is one awesome grandma, I couldn't touch her accomplishments on this blog if I tried. She is a tiny lady, such tiny feet! But so full of life and fun and hard work.

My sisters and I (I have 3) are starting our 3rd round of the Biggest Loser contest. I am trying out the dental diet plan. I had my cavity filled yesterday. I didn't want to eat for about 6 hours afterwards. I figure anything that makes me shudder at the thought of putting food in my mouth isn't all bad. At least if I had to be that uncomfortable (I didn't do well with the Novocaine) all I brought home was a lack of appetite and not another baby- I just kept thinking, was labor this bad? I think the adrenaline of giving birth does miracles- there is no adrenaline involved with dental work and I apparently can't cope well. I did get my trays for my free whitening though. I wear them for 30 minutes twice a day and can't eat for another hour after that. That is 3 hrs a day, no eating allowed. Another weapon in my arsenal for my fight for weight loss!

If you haven't read Breaking Dawn and want to, stop reading this paragraph. It contains "spoilers". I had a dream shortly after finishing the book where I had a c-section and my body was "frozen" in it's current state immediately after. So the baby fat was there, no chance to get rid of it. I was relieved in the dream that there was such a good excuse, and even woke up thinking that I had a supernatural reason for why my middle won't just shrink back to it's original size!! It was so comical, I have laughed about it for days.

More later about my recent domestic adventures when I get the pictures downloaded (words just won't do it justice). Suffice it to say, we have been busy, busy, busy and that's how I like it best.

1 comment:

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

so i personally don't think you can go wrong with most digital cameras.. just makes sure the MP is at least 5 and something compact.. it seemed like your last one was a little clunky.

i am personally on this rampage to get a Digital SLR so i don't know if you would want to invest in one of those as they are more and big but definitely worth it...

who knows though.. i am just a crazy asian... :)