Friday, February 5, 2010

fun facts

  • the girls got some hand-me-down princess shoes from an older girl in the ward. They LOVE wearing them around. I get to act out the part of the ugly step sister all the time whose feet are too big to fit. It's great. Flashbacks to being called "big girls" on basketball teams (i.e. "big girls practice posting-up on this court")
  • the girl's other new favorite game is wrapping presents for themselves and me and opening them. Odessa hunts around for something you already own, wraps it and makes you close your eyes until she presents it to you with a "Happy Birthday!". Then you open it and act very surprised. She can use the tape and tie ribbons by herself too.
  • a couple of days I tried sleeping in because I was particularly sick. I learned just how independent my girls are: Odessa: "Ada, let me help you. You can't wear those leggings. I'll do it . . . . . because mom is sick!" They get themselves dressed and Ada takes off her night diaper and puts it in the garbage (or dirty clothes hamper, we are still working on that one).
  • Odessa would come and consult me on something and then pull up my covers and say "you go back to bed mom, you're sick" and then shut my door.
  • Ada crawls into bed with me and whacks me on the head "GET ME SOME CEREAL".

8 comments:

Michelle M said...

CUTE! I'd love to sleep in, too!

Beth said...

Oh, the presents! You are a NICE mom to let her use the ribbon. My kids use white computer paper (or scratch paper), or a bandana to wrap up their "presents."

Paula said...

Oo, i love the cereal part, that's hilarious! Whole post, love it!

bosslady said...

how sweet! hope you all are feeling better.

mandy* said...

The difference between Odessa and Ada sounds just like my two nephews. My sister-in-law blames it on birth order - I just think it is funny.

Corey said...

Jonah wakes me up each morning the same way..."I need cereal Mom!!" Just what you want to hear yelled right in your ear first thing in the morning. Here's hoping you guys all feel better and back to your normal selves soon!!! Take care!!

Alyssa said...

Too cute - since laid up with the leg - I make the same demands (cereal) of Jeff!

Danielle said...

Geez. I wish my kid would wake up asking for food. We have to beg him to eat and he has never thought cereal was a good idea.
Sleeping in as the mom is a hilarious thing isn't it? Even when daddy is "in charge", I find it is impossible...