Friday, February 26, 2010

Congratulations!!

Stephen called me a little bit ago to tell me his twin brother Chad and wife Julie welcomed a baby girl into their family today at noon! We are so excited everything went well. Ada woke from her nap a minute later quite upset. I calmed her and since she was still half-asleep and Odessa was asleep in the bunk above, I laid down on my bed with her on my chest. I was surprised when she fell asleep again since we never really do that sort of thing. I couldn't help but think of Chad and Julie's new baby and compare Ada now and then. Her 30+ pounds made it difficult for me to breathe and her legs stretched almost all the way to my knees. Not my little girl anymore. It was hard to imagine she was ever tiny enough to curl up on my chest. It was such a precious moment I even turned off the phone when it rang although I saw it was a call from our real estate agent. I didn't want to wake her and ruin the moment.
Later I listened to the message from our agent telling me we have bought a house. Wow. That's a crazy feeling! With some inspiration from my sister's experiences we came up with a new plan last night that I thought would make both parties happy. And I guess it did. Papers are signed! Surreal. New babies, new houses, I feel like there are so many new chapters in everyone's lives these days. Happy day.


We are buying this . . . . .

. . . . . so we can get this . . . .. . . . . and this view across the street- unbuildable green space

9 comments:

Cara said...

Congrats on the house, that yard is beautiful.

bosslady said...

The house is great! The yard is even better! Good job! I might even come visit you now! :)

Becky said...

I LOVE your backyard...and the deck is awesome. So exciting! Congrats.

Beth said...

YEAH!!!! I love the yard.

Candice said...

What a great buy! So excited for you! Congrats!

mandy* said...

I can't wait to see the house and hang out all summer in the backyard watching our kids play. So fun!!!!!!!

Larsen said...

CONGRATS INDEED!!!!!

Alyssa said...

This is great - I love the patio!

erin said...

beautiful!!! Congratulations.