Thursday, February 4, 2010

Houses

My cough continues to keep me home except runs to the grocery store (and house hunting). My appetite came back just in time for all the super bowl foods to go on sale. Super. We had a "party sub" for dinner last night. How can you pass up a 2lb sandwich for 4.99? Baby back ribs tomorrow night. I realized I haven't even read many stories to the girls lately, it triggers my cough. Before this we were going to the gym almost daily, this really bites. Thankfully the girls are getting better.

I think we have decided on a house! It was hard, it was one of the first houses we saw and we always thought we needed to keep looking although it kept drawing us back. It's still the only house out of all the ones we've seen that we feel warm and fuzzy about inside. That's probably because an older lady lives there now and it's furnished and smells just like a grandma. Warm and fuzzy inducing, for sure. The smell in the kitchen yesterday was EXACTLY like my grandma McKay's kitchen and I almost started crying. Amazing how the smell of toast mixed with roast and old curtains can sell a house. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bath rambler, so not huge. We kept thinking we needed to try and get something bigger, but the sacrifices we had to make to get more space weren't worth it. The other house we were considering has 3 sets of steps to get in to the house and only street parking which is always muddy. The neighbor doesn't drain his property properly and it always makes a cesspool (according to the other neighbors). I stepped in it to launch myself into my car and instead slipped ALL THE WAY down my backside and kept sliding under my car! Could have seriously hit my head. As it was, I got mud all over me, a goose egg on my shin and pulled all kinds of muscles in my back. Imagine the girl's surprise, one minute I was trying to calm them down (they had been sitting in the car for a while) and all of a sudden I disappeared under the car! That was the point I realized that getting kids in and out of that car and all those steps was NOT going to be worth the extra space the house has. Besides, it had a puny yard. ppppfffffttttttt. Now to get all the offer stuff done . . . . I'll let you know how it goes.

5 comments:

mandy* said...

Congratulations on deciding!! E-mail me the listing...I can't wait to see it. We'll pray for you that your bid gets chosen.

When we are all feeing better, let's play, okay? I am in desperate need of friends.

Chadwick and Julie said...

That is so exciting! We'll be waiting with crossed fingers that it all goes as planned. =)

Paula said...

Good luck! I'll be sending you best wishes over the boarder!

Danielle said...

I can't wait until we are all well enough to leave our houses again so I can hear all about this house and where it is and all of that. :)

Alyssa said...

Crossing my fingers for you! Hope you are feeling better too!