Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chinese New Year, take 2

After the abysmal dinner Monday night, we decided to host our own Chinese dinner on Saturday. Chinatown was having their celebration that day, so we thought it was fitting. We rode the bus down to the festivities. What fun! Dragons and drumming and dancers. I loved it. The dragons moved all over Chinatown with us people en masse following. One time they crossed the street, heading right for me- but alas, my camera was on fireworks setting and only caught a blur of white.For dinner we had homemade egg rolls, won tons, pork and broccoli stir fry with rice and fried rice. Kristyn brought that yummy Asian cabbage salad and Lauren brought fruit for dessert since us party poopers are on that challenge where we can't eat sweets. We did have some authentic bubble teas (herbal) that were interesting, but not as tasty as when you buy them out and about. They must put more cream and sugar in theirs! It was fun to make the tapioca pearl (bubbles) and watch the kids chew on them. Hee hee.
Although I missed taking a picture of our feast, we did take one of the kids. Aiden loves his cowboy boots and we discovered just how cute Odessa and him were with hers on too! Ada had to join in with rain boots. She adores Aiden. What a fun and memorable evening.

3 comments:

bosslady said...

O.K. Tara, two things. You do way too many brave things with your kids (alone). Taking them by yourself on a bus and then a ferry? Hello, Supermom! Next, you have way too many fun friends. A get together for Miss America and now a Chinese New Year? How long have you known these people? I'm sorry, but you are way too social to be related to me.

Corey said...

I'm glad that you were able to make it to parade. We were bummed since we had to move out Jeff's mom that day and I had to go to the island to change Ben's bandage. We'll definately have to go next year....did you catch that! We are going to still be here! YIPEE! Well, maybe sad for Jeff since he didn't get in to BYU, but I'm happy since I totally didn't want to leave this August. That's just way too soon! So it looks like nothing is ever going to take us away from here afterall unless of course a job transfer or something.

Becky said...

Do we live in the same place? I didn't even know Seattle has a Chinatown....
I need to leave my home sometimes I guess to see what's out there.