Monday, February 23, 2009

Location, Location, Location (oh, and money)

a few pictures of our trip are posted on the Picasa web album site. They were taken with a disposable film camera, so they aren't high quality. For some reason my computer is not communicating with the blog.spot site and I can't post pics. don't ask me, I'm not tech savvy enough to figure it out. I think our computer has some viruses or cookies or something. I wish it would give me one- cookie, not virus.

As for the title of the post: well, we are moving. There has been an internal debate going on in this household since about . . . . . June over moving from here. What's that you say? You say "didn't you just move there in June?". Oh yes, that's right- I have pretty much been lobbying to move off and on since we moved in. Don't get me into the details, we love Queen Anne and this apartment, there were just lots of reasons. Well, over the last month the search has gotten intense. The prices of apartments have dropped incredibly around here. We are on a month-to-month lease here, so there was no time restraint about leaving, we just had to find the perfect place. Well, last Wednesday that place popped up. Ok, so it's not perfect. It's actually a tad smaller than our current location (this astounds some people- why would I consider something SMALLER?) Well, 3 moves ago we lived in a spacious farmhouse, then a large duplex, now a roomy 2 bedroom 2 bath and next weekend it will be a tighter 2 bed/1 bath. I figure next move will be a 1 room cottage and then a cardboard box. But I digress. This move was primarily about MONEY. We felt we were wasting a lot of it in this apt. The apartment we are moving to is much, much cheaper and then there is the LOCATION. One block from church, 1/2 block from the gym I go to, across the street from a great park with playground, the Elementary School (with another playground), the community center, the community pool, Albertsons, the library and 2 blocks from the "village" with shops, restaurants, post office, etc. (did I mention all this is a FLAT walk? instead of the rock climbing we do around here to get to a park or the grocery store). It was all too much- small disadvantages about the apartment were overlooked each time we looked at the numbers and the map. So- we are out of here in a week and as you know, that will create a bit of a blogging hiatus. How come when I move 3 miles away I can save all my frozen food by taking it from one freezer and throwing it into another and yet it will probably take days for internet to be up and running? sheesh- technology.

3 comments:

Cara said...

Good luck with the packing/unpacking. At least you got to have a nice vacation in-between the stress of moving and your previous flu episodes. That doesn't sound like a fun experience at all.

Anonymous said...

i think the move is a great idea! queen anne just didnt seem to be your style - not family friendly at all!

baby tillie says hi....well more like, "screeeeech! gaaaahhhhh."

Kim Dewey said...

I hate moving, especially the packing. I've done it way too many times in my life!
Hope it goes well . . . and that you like the new place.