Monday, February 9, 2009

Le Ballet

For Valentines Day, we got tickets to the ballet performance of the Jewels last Friday night. You have to agree that it is just fun to say "we're going to the ballet". We got le cheapo tickets ala nosebleed section, but it was still nice. This ballet was originally put together in 1967 for the New York City ballet. Each part of the ballet is set to a different piece of music. There is Emerald, Rubies and Diamonds. Emerald is classic romantic ballet, rubies was jazzy and diamonds was like Russian ballet (I got all this from the reviews). Although ala noosebleed section gives you a bit of a scewed view of the dancers and their arrangements, I give the dancers the full benefit of the doubt that they were lined up and more precise than our view made them look. The best part of the evening was when Stephen actually ran home during a 25 minute intermission to get the binoculars. I had laid them on the bed so we wouldn't forget them and while I went and got the babysitter, he so helpfully put them away and so we forgot them. I wanted to turn to the woman next to me and say "isn't that romantic, my husband ran home and got these?" while pointing to my panting, slightly sweaty husband, but I just let it go. For one thing, I was a little embarrassed that they are giganto hunting binoculars compared to the dainty pairs others were holding around me. Ahhh, I just love trying to be cultured on a budget.

4 comments:

Corey said...

What a fun date! We love the ballet! Isn't it nice to just live just a few blocks away! Way to go Stephen for going back and getting the binoculars. I'm impressed!

Beth said...

And he worked in 25 minutes of his daily regimen on your date. Amazing efficiency.

Sounds like fun!

bosslady said...

Oh you kids are so cute! Someday when you're rich, sitting just behind the orchestra, you'll look back at these nosebleed days and realize how much more fun you had. At least you still did something for V-day. Good for you!

Dancewear By Heather said...

Wow! Chris would rather DIE than go to the ballet with me! Good for you Stephen!